[BlueOnyx:21301] Re: 5209R new feature Alias check

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Mon Aug 28 11:14:43 -05 2017

Hi Dirk,

> There was still an issue with a double domain name in the aliases list.
> I corrected it manually and now the monitoring is showing the correct state.
> Maybe the info fixed was a little bit misleading ;)

Indeed. :-)

I only discovered this after publishing the fix: The field "Web Server
Alias" in the GUI allows you to enter the same FQDN or domain name
multiple times. Yet when it is written out to Apache, it will remove
duplicates. Of course the alias checker trips on this and then reports a
discrepancy between what's in CODB and what's in the config file.

A bit later today I will publish two small fixes that deal with this:
The GUI will automatically eliminate duplicate aliases on submit to CODB
and the checker will run uniq() on the arrays before comparing them, so
that we compare after eleminating duplicates.