[BlueOnyx:21557] Re: LetsEncrypt coming up with wildcard certificates

Maurice de Laat mdlaat at muisnetwerken.nl
Sun Dec 3 17:20:55 -05 2017

Hello Meaulnes,

On 03-12-17 20:32, Meaulnes Legler @ MailList wrote:

> For instance, on my virtual server vs.domain.tld, the admin interface
> has a LetsEncrypt certificate as standard. I installed — see above — a
> 2nd certificate for www.domain.tld. But the mail server, in this case
> mail.domain.tld, doesn't have one.

If your BO server is called vs.domain.tld, the SMTP server on port 25
probably presents itself as vs.domain.tld, Most likely is
mail.domain.tld the MX record in the dns, but not the name of the SMTP
server.

You can test this by making a connection to your smtp server on the
commandline, or p.e. example by using
https://mxtoolbox.com/diagnostic.aspx

Kind regards,
Maurice