[BlueOnyx:21572] Re: ERROR - YOU NEED THE PHP "DOMDocument"

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Thu Dec 7 15:15:44 -05 2017

Hi Richard,

The long list of errors ...

> Unable to load dynamic library '/home/solarspeed/php-5.6/lib/curl.so' - /home/solarspeed/php-5.6/lib/curl.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
> Unable to load dynamic library '/home/solarspeed/php-5.6/lib/dom.so' -
/home/solarspeed/php-5.6/lib/dom.so: cannot open shared object file: No
such file or directory in Unknown on line 0

... is already plain wrong and indicates something is messed up. All
these *.so do not resite in /home/solarspeed/php-5.6/lib/ but in this
directory instead:

/home/solarspeed/php-5.6/lib/php/20131226/

So I think you might have messed up the path to these extensions when
you edited your php.ini

Additionally:

You said you added "extension=dom.so" to php.ini. This is wrong.

The Solarspeed PHP is compiled with built in DOM/XML-Support, so it
doesn't need to load dom.so, as it is already compiled into PHP itself:

# /home/solarspeed/php-5.6/bin/php -i|grep DOM
DOM/XML => enabled
DOM/XML API Version => 20031129

>From the error message "VQMod::bootup - ERROR - YOU NEED THE PHP
"DOMDocument" EXTENSION INSTALLED TO USE VQMod" I take it that the Vsite
in question uses an old "OpenCart2 or another software that tries to
look for DOM/XML-Support under the old name it used to have in previous
PHP versions before it became a standard part of the PHP5 distribution.

So whatever is running there must be *really* old. Please check if a
newer version of the software running in that Vsite is available.
Preferably one that works with a supported version of PHP.