[BlueOnyx:21612] Re: Question IMAP migration maildir/mbox - suggestions?

Dirk Estenfeld dirk.estenfeld at blackpoint.de
Fri Dec 29 09:11:05 -05 2017

Hello,

there are some more changes necessary to go from mbox to maildir.

Also the /etc/procmailrc need some changes from

ORGMAIL=$HOME/mbox
DEFAULT=$ORGMAIL

ORGMAIL=${HOME}/Maildir/INBOX/MailDiR/
DEFAULT=${ORGMAIL}

And for the function to send Spammails to a separate folder it could be the following changes:

Create folder in userdir
mkdir Maildir/caughtspam
mkdir Maildir/caughtspam/MailDiR
mkdir Maildir/caughtspam/MailDiR/new
mkdir Maildir/caughtspam/MailDiR/cur
mkdir Maildir/caughtspam/MailDiR/tmp
chown -R <user>:<site> Maildir/caughtspam

change user local .procmailrc to

SHELL=/bin/sh
DELIVER="/usr/libexec/dovecot/deliver -d $LOGNAME"

:0:
| $DELIVER -m caughtspam

Best regards,
Dirk

---

blackpoint GmbH - Friedberger Straße 106b - 61118 Bad Vilbel