[BlueOnyx:20719] Re: 5209R "Open Basedir (Vsite):" not working?

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Thu Feb 23 12:43:39 -05 2017

Hi Dirk,

> if I want to add a custom open_basedir path for a vsite I can enter
> whatever I want in the box but after saving it the box return empty.
> Do I miss something or is this an issue which needs a correction?

I just took a look at it and two conditions must be true in order for a
custom open_basedir path to be accepted:

a.) The directory must exist
b.) The directory must be at least read accessible by the user who runs PHP.

For example: You can add /usr if you want to. But if you try to add
/usrXXX (which doesn't exist) then this won't be added.

Although this is a stupid example let me use it for this: You could
never add /root to open_basedir, as neither "nobody", "apache" nor any
siteAdmin has read access to it.

But your question raises an interesting point: If we don't add an
open_basedir a user specified, then we should raise an error message
that explains the reason. I'll add one for that purpose.