[BlueOnyx:20451] Re: Install X Windows?

Dirk Estenfeld dirk.estenfeld at blackpoint.de
Wed Jan 4 06:09:02 -05 2017

Hello Jeffrey,

yes I know, this threat is really old, but I had the issue to let run an X Windows on a Blueonyx machine and on Blueonyx 5209 it is possible without a Problem.

1. Install Blueonx as normal
2. yum clean all ; yum update -y
3. yum groupinstall "X Window System"
4. yum install gnome-classic-session gnome-terminal nautilus-open-terminal control-center liberation-mono-fonts
5. To start X Windows manually type: startx

If you want to autostart with the X Windows Desktop:
4. unlink /etc/systemd/system/default.target
5. ln -sf /lib/systemd/system/graphical.target /etc/systemd/system/default.target
6. reboot

Best regards,
Dirk

blackpoint GmbH - Friedberger Straße 106 - 61118 Bad Vilbel