[BlueOnyx:20488] spamassassin and sa-updates

Dirk Estenfeld dirk.estenfeld at blackpoint.de
Tue Jan 10 04:40:48 -05 2017

Hello Michael,

I did some investigation and I think automatic sa-update for spamassassin is not running.

In /etc/cron.d/av-spam-sa-update you see

10 4 * * * root /usr/share/spamassassin/sa-update.cron 2>&1 | tee -a /var/log/sa-update.log

ok.

Now I run

/usr/share/spamassassin/sa-update.cron

But the command prompt appears immediately and it seems that nothing run. Also files in /var/lib/spamassassin/ are old an sought_rules are missing.

I checked the script. In the first lines you see

unset SAUPDATE

[ -f /etc/sysconfig/sa-update ] && . /etc/sysconfig/sa-update

for daemon in spamd amavisd; do

    /sbin/pidof $daemon >& /dev/null

    [ $? -eq 0 ] && SAUPDATE=yes

done

[ -f /var/run/mimedefang.pid ] && SAUPDATE=yes

# Skip sa-update if daemon not detected

[ -z "$SAUPDATE" ] && exit 0

But if I try a manual

/sbin/pidof spamd

I get no answer.

So the scripts every time ends with

# Skip sa-update if daemon not detected

[ -z "$SAUPDATE" ] && exit 0

--> NO UPDATE

If I modify the file /etc/sysconfig/sa-update and remove the # before SAUPDATE=yes then update is running.

So please either modify the first lines in /usr/share/spamassassin/sa-update.cron or remove the # before SAUPDATE=yes in file /etc/sysconfig/sa-update by default.

Best regards,

Dirk

---

blackpoint GmbH - Friedberger Straße 106b - 61118 Bad Vilbel