[BlueOnyx:20523] I keep on losing my Smart Relay and I'm hoping that someone can tell me how to stop is happening

blueonyxuser at gmail.com blueonyxuser at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 11:08:07 -05 2017

Hello all

I am currently running;

	BlueOnyx 5107R/5108R Series
	5107R

Most BO updates don't stop my Smart Relay but then one does and it causes me a lot of complaints.

My Smart Relay is setup like this;

1. Set your authorization information by putting the following line to /etc/mail/authinfo file:

AuthInfo:SmartRelayIPAddress "U:xxxxxx" "P:yyyyyyy" "M:LOGIN"

2. Add following lines to /etc/mail/sendmail.mc (check if appropriate settings don't already exists):

define(`SMART_HOST', `SmartRelayIPAddress ')dnl
define(`RELAY_MAILER_ARGS', `TCP $h specificport')dnl
FEATURE(`authinfo')dnl

… and my Smart Relay is not listening on port 25 but deliberately on a specific port in a different range.

3. Update sendmail.cf and access.db files:

cd /etc/mail
m4 sendmail.mc >sendmail.cf
makemap hash authinfo < authinfo

4. Reload or restart sendmail:
/etc/init.d/sendmail restart

I did put the www.x.y domain into

Smart Relay Server (optional)

… but there are no authentication or port entries available ( it did put the Smart_HOST entry in sendmail.mc though ) so it wasn't enough.

But following the 4 steps again my Smart Relay now works so that is very good.

But I need to protect myself from updates that stop my Smart Host and if anyone can tell me how to do that I'd really appreciate it ☺

Regards

Tony