[BlueOnyx:20554] Re: Can't rename vsite on 5209R

Ernie ernie at info.eis.net.au
Wed Jan 18 17:17:45 -05 2017

Ok, thanks for the clue.

What it actually happened is I copied and pasted the current name of the
vsite into it's email aliases so I wouldn't have to type it again after the
name change, then I went and tried to rename the site. The script must be
comparing the old name of the site with the aliases, not the new name.

I just deleted all the vsite email aliases and it worked.

- Ernie.

> Hi Ernie,
>
> > 5209R error.
> >
> > "Sorry, the email alias, , is already in use on this system. Please choose another.
> > The operation failed. Unable to update the email information for the users who belong to this
> > site."
>
> The problem here is an "Email Server Alias". There seems to be another
> Vsite that has the same "Email Server Alias" and this causes the
> conflict and prevents the rename from going through.
>
> Check the Vsite that you are renaming. Remove any "Email Server Aliases"
> it currently has. Save the changes. Try to rename it again.
>
> If the error persists, then you need to check other Vsites which might
> have an "Email Server Alias" that conflicts with the Vsite you're trying
> to rename.
>
> --
> With best regards
>
> Michael Stauber