[BlueOnyx:20557] Re: Is BlueOnyx for me?

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Fri Jan 20 10:19:48 -05 2017

Hi Peter,

> I am looking for a panel to handle outgoing email for a bunch of domains.
> I don't need it to handle eg web sites or DNS.
>
> I really only need the panel to allow both myself to manage and clients to
> selfmanage their domains outgoing email.
>
> Is BlueOnyx a good or even the best option for me?

If it is the best solution for that purpose I can't say, but BlueOnyx
can do all of that in a good fashion.

For what you have in mind I'd still set up virtual sites. Such as maybe
mail.company.com (or similar) and then assign a siteAdmin to it. That
siteAdmin is then able to manage almost all aspects of that Vsite and
can add, modify and delete users himself through the GUI.

For email related purposes there are also some add-ons in the BlueOnyx
Shop such as our AV-SPAM (which is quite a lot better than just a
regular MailScanner install) and it also integrates nicely into the GUI
down to an end user level. We also offer a RoundCube package, which
provides a web based email client.

There is one thing new BlueOnyx users should avoid, though: Be really
careful to install third party RPMs from sources such as Epel or
therelike. Never, never run a "yum update" with a third party repository
such as Epel active. Installing selected third party RPMs off tertiary
sources is OK if you know what you're doing. But Epel has some
components which BlueOnyx doesn't like and which cause conflicts.

If in doubt? Ask here and we can give you some advice about what's fine
and what's not.