[BlueOnyx:20565] Re: GeoIP lookup errors

Colin Jack colin at mainline.co.uk
Sat Jan 21 12:26:01 -05 2017

Hi Chris,

    Don't go messing with m4 files or behind the scenes in Sendmail.

Been using BQ and BX for too long to do that! ☺

    You want to set a whitelist in AV-Spam.  Do this via the GUI at Server
    Management > Network Services > AV-SPAM.   Then under the Network tab,
    find Whitelisted Senders.   Add the IP address or range you wish in the
    format of CIDR.

    In other words, if you want to whitelist the single IP of 192.168.0.100,
    you would enter 192.168.0.100/32.   If you want to whitelist the entire
    192.168.0.x block, then you'd enter 192.168.0.0/24.

Thanks – familiar with that but that doesn’t seem to whitelist IP addresses that GeoIP is blocking … incorrectly as per the original post on this thread. Had a German IP being blocked as it looked up the database and said it was Russian and we block Russia!
GeoIP allows whitelisting users via the GUI but not IP. This is what I was hoping Michael may be able to advise on.

All the best

Colin