[BlueOnyx:20581] Re: MyDNS alternative PowerDNS?

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Sun Jan 22 02:40:32 -05 2017

Hi Gregg,

> Yup. Sorry I didn't get around to that yet. 😀

No worries. :-)

I think this is pretty neat and would make a nice optional package. With
the tools that are already included it should be a breeze to import
existing Bind zone-files into SQL on the fly.

That way people could choose between either running Bind or PowerDNS and
could switch back and forth between them at any time without loosing
anything.

The big benefit obviously is easier slave management, as that
practically takes care of itself.