[BlueOnyx:20582] Re: MyDNS alternative PowerDNS?

Maillists info at itsezy.com.au
Sun Jan 22 16:17:48 -05 2017

Hi Michael,

We have been using PowerDNS on Centos for many years now. We have it setup on a dedicated server with auto update to a non-dedicated secondary. It has been very reliable, mass changes are easy at a SQL level and the GUI is easy to use. The GUI has a couple of small annoying features, but nothing that impacts the functionality.

Updates don't happen all that often, but there have been some recent ones through YUM.

Any DNS issues are well logged and informative, but they don't come through in Logwatch unfortunately.

Regards,
Noel