[BlueOnyx:20586] Re: Strange issue

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Tue Jan 24 05:55:45 -05 2017

Hi Gregg,

> Was there an update to something over the weekend?

Not really. :-/

> The reason I ask is, every once in a while, for no apparent
> reason the PHP settings of a 5208 server gets corrupted, or something.
> When checking the any php on the server, it gives a 500 error.
> The only thing I do to fix this is, I go to the sites PHP settings
> under Services, and I click save.  I don't change any values, all I
> do is hit save, and everything starts working again.
> Again, it's not a big problem, but it's just strange that somehow
> it loses these values?

Please do me a favour: When it happens the next time please do this:

Before you go into the GUI to save the changes, make a copy of php.ini:

cp /etc/php.ini /etc/php.ini.bak
cp /home/solarspeed/php/etc/php.ini /home/solarspeed/php/etc/php.ini.bak

Then go to the GUI, save the changes. And compare what changed in the
php.ini:

diff /etc/php.ini /etc/php.ini.bak
diff /home/solarspeed/php/etc/php.ini /home/solarspeed/php/etc/php.ini.bak

And report these results back to me. That will help a great deal at
finding out what happened there.