[BlueOnyx:21163] Re: Quota problem Aventurine and Blueonyx: system is eating disk space

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Fri Jul 7 10:12:39 -05 2017

Hi Simone,

> The VPS is using symfs. If I enable disk quota the system does not
> start, saying that the image is bigger than the available disk space
> allocated to the VPS.

For VPS's with a SimFS filesystem OpenVZ uses vzquota to keep track of
disk usage and disk quota. This mechanism can sometimes get out of
whack and then reports incorrect numbers. Here is how to fix it:

vzctl stop <VPSID>
vzquota drop <VPSID>
vzctl start <VPSID>

That stops the VPS, drops (deletes) the quota information that is stored
outside the VPS in the vzquota database and lastly: During the next
restart the vzquota database is rebuilt. For that reason the restart of
the VPS will take a little longer as it needs to scan all files and
folders of the VPS.

Please try that and let me know if it fixes the problem.