[BlueOnyx:21177] Re: php 7.0 user

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Sun Jul 16 23:43:11 -05 2017

Hi Ernie,

> I bought the Solarspeed php package last week, installed it on a
> fresh 5209R system, and moved a vsite over to it selecting php 7.0
> and suPHP.
>
> Something isn't working properly, the apache process is still
> running as the apache user not the user set in web ownership.
>
> Is there something extra that needs to be done?

Please make sure that the ownership of /web and the files within is
truly set to the intended siteAdmin. Sometimes the chown that the GUI
does upon setting the "Web Owner" will not go all the way through if
that would make the siteAdmin go over his allotted quota.

You could try to manually chown the web folder from the shell and see if
that goes through. Or change the "Web Owner" to "apache", save and then
put it back to the intended siteAdmin and save again.

Other than that: If this is a 5209R you could also use PHP-FPM, which
also runs PHP as the desired siteAdmin and has a better performance than
suPHP. However: PHP-FPM will ignore any .htaccess that you might have
for your Vsite. Lastly there is "DSO + mod_ruid2". It is the fastest
secure PHP implementation that runs as siteAdmin, but only for the PHP
version that the whole Apache runs on. In order to use it with PHP 7.0
you would need to make PHP 7.0 the default PHP (instead of 5.4.16).