[BlueOnyx:21072] 5207R, 5208R, 5209R: Dovecot update in testing

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Fri Jun 2 22:58:54 -05 2017

Hi all,

I'm in the process of testing an update Dovecot RPM for BlueOnyx. It's
the latest version 2.2.30.1 and I think it may be good enough for
production.

However: As this is a pretty important service for everyone I think it
might be best to give it some more testing than I can provide on my own.
And an important update like this should - of course - not be published
over the weekend.

Hence: The updated Dovecot has been uploaded to the [BlueOnyx-Testing]
Yum repository of 5207R, 5208R and 5209R, which is not enabled by default.

To enable it edit /etc/yum.repos.d/BlueOnyx.repo and you will see two
repositories listed there. Only the first one has "enabled=1" set.
Enable the 2nd repository as well and then just run a "yum update".
After getting the updated Dovecot from there, please disable the testing
repository again. Or else you might become unwilling test subject for
the next round of beta-updates. :-)

Note: This version of Dovecot comes with "Pigeonhole" (Sieve) support
(See: https://pigeonhole.dovecot.org/). That RPM is not being installed
by default, as most people won't need it. If you want to try pigeonhole
and want to install it, you can do so this way:

yum install dovecot-pigeonhole

If you find any problems, please report them here on the list, by email
to me or use the support ticket feature of the BlueOnyx GUI. Either way
is fine.