[BlueOnyx:21077] Re: 5207R, 5208R, 5209R: Dovecot update in testing

"Meaulnes Legler"@MailList bluelist at waveweb.ch
Tue Jun 6 04:58:54 -05 2017

On 03.06.17 05:58, Michael Stauber wrote:
> I'm in the process of testing an update Dovecot RPM for BlueOnyx. It's the latest version 2.2.30.1 and I think it may be good enough for production. However: As this is a pretty important service for everyone I think it might be best to give it some more testing than I can provide on my own. Note: This version of Dovecot comes with "Pigeonhole" (Sieve) support (See: https://pigeonhole.dovecot.org/). If you find any problems, please report them here on the list, by email to me or use the support ticket feature of the BlueOnyx GUI. Either way is fine.

As I reported in thread [BlueOnyx:21076], the new Dovecot 2.2.30.1 works fine on my 5209R, just its Sieve plugin doesn't... I installed it as instructed, but maybe it needs to be configured for running. I tried to read the documentation at wiki2.dovecot.org/Pigeonhole/ManageSieve/Configuration <https://wiki2.dovecot.org/Pigeonhole/ManageSieve/Configuration> , but this is too complex for me...:-(

There are many configuration files in /etc/dovecot/conf.d/ like 90-sieve-extprograms.conf 20-managesieve.conf 90-sieve.conf that don't seem to have anything set...

*`netstat -l | grep dovecot`* issues may services but *`netstat -l | grep sieve`* not one.

*`dovecot -n`* issues:

plugin {
      sieve = file:~/sieve;active=~/.dovecot.sieve
    }

where .dovecot.sieve doesn't exist (if it is supposed to be a file).

So if I could get hints on how to get the managesieve server running, that would be great!

Thank you and best regards

Meaulnes Legler