[BlueOnyx:21130] Re: The IP address is not allowed. Please choose another IP address.

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Mon Jun 19 13:14:26 -05 2017

Hi Michael,
On 6/19/2017 11:46 AM, Michael Stauber wrote:
>> We have a vsite that was created on a standalone IP address that we'd
>> like to move to the server's main IP address.
>>
>> However, it appears to be failing on the check_pool_admin.pl script.
>>
>> Any ideas why this is failing?
>
> I think for this to work (moving an IP back to the "admin"-pool") you
> have to turn off "IP-Address Pooling" for a moment. It's on my list of
> things that need fixing.

Ah, OK.  I found this under Server Management > System Settings > IP
Address Allocation, and un-ticked the box to enable.   After that I was
able to save the correct IP as expected.

Very odd!  I should note that the IP hasn't been moved out of "admin"'s
pool, so that seems a bit mysterious to me but I'm not going to
over-think it.  The immediate problem is solved.  ;)

Thank you!

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services