[BlueOnyx:21142] Perl script executing as apache instead of user

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Mon Jun 26 08:05:39 -05 2017

Hi All,

We have a customer using a Perl script that can manipulate files and
directories that he specifies inside the vsite, but up a level from
/web.    The script worked fine when his site ran on a 5208R box, but
we've since upgraded all our systems to 5209R and now the script does
not run properly.

I suspect this has something to do with the permissions/ownership.   It
looks like when the script does run, it creates files & directories with
Apache user & group ownership.  This, of course, causes all sorts of
trouble with the user's ability to manipulate the files.  Previously
(under 5208R), files & directories were created with his user & group
ownership.

I'm no Perl expert.  Is there something we should be looking at that
would have this script (in his web/cgi-bin directory) execute as the
vsite user rather than Apache?

Thanks!

--
Chris Gebhardt