[BlueOnyx:20757] prevent own sendmail.mc entries for getting overwritten by an update?

Dirk Estenfeld dirk.estenfeld at blackpoint.de
Thu Mar 2 01:46:39 -05 2017

Hello,

is there a way to prevent own entries in /etc/mail/sendmail.mc to get overwritten by an update?
Real issue: For a customer I use an own milter (sm-archive) for e-mail archiving (with mailstore) and I do this with an additional milter line in sendmail.mc.
But this morning at ~ 7.00 the sendmail.mc was changed and my entry was gone. Luckily also sendmail did stop and we monitoring sendmail so I did see the issue really fast. Otherwise a lot of mails will not be in the archive :(
How can I add such an entry without running in such an issue?

Regards,
Dirk

---
blackpoint GmbH - Friedberger Straße 106b - 61118 Bad Vilbel