[BlueOnyx:20763] Shop subscriptions fix

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Thu Mar 2 23:10:14 -05 2017

Hi All,

Executive Summary: A known issue with new subscriptions has been fixed.
Go get some BlueOnyx software.

Now, more of the story...

As you'll know if you saw my earlier post about the shop, Greg Kuhnert
was recently on-site at the datacenter as we got the Shop and NewLinQ
systems installed and acclimated.  Greg is just settling into his long
flight home so I will make another little announcement.

It's not exactly news that the BlueOnyx shop features some
subscription-based packages.  For a regular subscription price, you can
grab BlueOnyx Web Edition, Professional Edition or Enterprise Edition,
all of which feature giant packs of add-on modules that are always
available at their latest versions.

The only problem is that some users (such as me) had experienced
difficulty purchasing the packages due to a bug in the way that PayPal
and Magento (which powers the Shop) communicate.   It's a known issue
that the Magento guys have been, well, let's just say too busy on other
important and fantastic work to address.

After a bit of time in my office earlier today beating things around and
making some test orders it appears that we've landed on a fix for this
by manipulating some of the clock functions in Magento.

Result: now you can purchase a subscription without an error.

Alternatively, VIRTBIZ colocation, dedicated or VPS customers who are
interested in packages from the shop but prefer to keep their billing
simple; we've got you covered.  Just let us know what you're interested
in and we can handle the software for you without mark-up.

Thanks!

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services