[BlueOnyx:20781] Re: prevent own sendmail.mc entries for getting overwritten by an update?

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Sat Mar 4 22:15:22 -05 2017

Mi Michael,

>> If you have the AV-SPAM installed, then there is an easy way:
>> Put your changes into this file:
>> /home/solarspeed/av-spam/configs/sendmail.mc.meta
>
> If we make changes to that file how should we finish getting it used?
> Normally I would run m4 sendmail.mc > sendmail.cf
> What should we use for this mc.meta?

I should have added that and another thing:

1.) Do NOT remove the line ...

~~~~~INSERT_MILTERS_HERE~~~~~

... from /home/solarspeed/av-spam/configs/sendmail.mc.meta

Because that's where the AV-SPAM will insert it's Milter lines depending
on which milters you have activated in the GUI.

2.) To push out sendmail.mc.meta to sendmail.cf and to build a
sendmail.cf from it:

Just go to the GUI, "Network Services" / "AV-SPAM" and toggle a Milter
off and on. That will then push sendmail.mc.meta into production.