[BlueOnyx:20785] Let's Encrypt aliases/renewal problem.

DD bqlist at distortal.com
Mon Mar 6 05:57:13 -05 2017

Morning, all,

I have a problem with Let's Encrypt certificate renewal. Renewal fails with
"The installation path for the certificates could not be determined." when
there's a perfectly valid non-www alias configured for a domain.

For example: recently the renewal for www.foodhygieneratings.org.uk failed
and the Let's Encrypt expiry bot told me it would expire in 0 days. Removing
foodhygieneratings.org.uk from the Web Aliases allows me to renew the cert.

So far this has not been a disaster since I have no sites that rely on
non-www format, but since the domain A records are still there it means that
anyone typing those addresses sees a different site on the server.

Kind regards,

Dick Dolby