[BlueOnyx:20824] APF Firewall issue

Robert Fitzpatrick robert at webtent.org
Sun Mar 19 09:22:18 -05 2017

Started receiving alerts the other day that a 5209 server is down, but it's not, the monitoring system just cannot ping the
server any longer. The server runs APF Firewall and the monitoring server IP address is still included in the whitelist. I tried restarting the web server and iptables services. When I try to ping the public IP from the server itself, I get APF entries as follows:

Mar 17 06:53:51  www5 kernel: IN=lo OUT=
MAC=00:00:00:00:00:00:00:00:00:00:00:00:08:00 SRC=208.38.145.32
DST=208.38.145.32 LEN=84 TOS=0x00 PREC=0x00 TTL=64 ID=10928 DF PROTO=ICMP
TYPE=8 CODE=0 ID=23230 SEQ=1

When I go into the APF GUI, I see a message about License Verification Error. Active monitor ways my eth0 is down. But all websites and GUI are pulling up fine.

I think unrelated, but I also found none of the web aliases are working on the server as well. Only the complete hostname is pulling up any of the vsites. When I try to pull up a site by its parent domain, which is listed in web server aliases, it goes to the page of a suspended vsite.

--
Robert