[BlueOnyx:20843] Re: Problems with WordPress on BlueOnyx

Michael Aronoff maronoff at gmail.com
Wed Mar 29 02:18:29 -05 2017

Chuck wrote:

> We have a customer who is trying to use "permalinks" - which requires
WordPress to create a .htaccess file.  But we've had problems with it either
not able to create the file, or once created - it takes down the site.

I have never had any problem. Suphp with all files owned by the site admin
should work just fine along with FPM/FastCGI or PHP (DSO) + mod_ruid2. Any
of these three PHP methods should work. You also want to go into the site
PHP settings and make sure to allocate enough ram. Normally 64M is fine but
one some WordPress sites you might need more. Try 128M if you are having
trouble.

Then if you remove (and save) the .htaccess file that is currently there and
then go to Permalinks and try and set them again.

That should work.

  <mailto:maronoff at gmail.com> maronoff at gmail.com