[BlueOnyx:20987] Re: ERROR

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Mon May 1 08:07:13 -05 2017

On 4/29/2017 8:02 PM, Richard Barker wrote:
> Get this error when going to Software updates on All VPS's and stand alone's
>
> *This page would usually display the newsfeed about updates and other
> important anouncements from the www.blueonyx.it website. However, your
> server apparently cannot resolve the domain name www.blueonyx.it, or
> access to that domain is currently not possible for other reasons. This
> has no impact on the functionality of this server, although you also may
> be unable to get YUM updates as long as this problem persists.*

As Greg mentioned, this was tracked to a fault at the datacenter that
our guys were able to correct over the weekend.   Sorry for the trouble.

I might also propose a modification to the error text if you were seeing
this on the software updates pages.  Note that "announcements" is
misspelled.   Also, my understanding is that it was the shop.blueonyx.it
host that was unavailable during the time, and www.blueonyx.it was not
impacted.   Maybe the newsfeed page and the software updates page share
the same error message, and it might be a good idea to clarify the
resulting error.   Just 2 cents.

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services