[BlueOnyx:21525] Re: Cannot ping local IP on 5209R

Robert Fitzpatrick robert at webtent.org
Wed Nov 15 14:40:31 -05 2017

Michael Stauber wrote:
> There are a couple of things to look at in that case:
>
> - Firewall:
>
> To be sure turn off your firewall on the server for a moment and try again.

Don't think there's a fw running, no afw installed.

> - /etc/hosts:
>
> It can be that it has garbage at the bottom. Delete that file and
> restart CCEd to let it be recreated properly:
>
> rm /etc/hosts
> /usr/sausalito/sbin/cced.init restart

Doing this restores missing IP addresses in routing tables, see below.

> - Routing table issues:
>
> Check your routing table with these two commands:
>
> ip route show all
> route -n

When I run these prior to removing the hosts file, the IP addresses are
missing and it fixes. But they are missing again very soon after or when
I check active monitor status again, network still shows eth0:0 down. I
can't ping either of the two IPs assigned with or without them listed in
the routing tables.

I compared to another 5209R without this issue, the odd thing is the
hosts file on the working server has the host name in the last column of
the table versus the second column of the hosts file on this server with
the issue. The second and third columns are swapped with the fqdn.

--
Robert