[BlueOnyx:21540] Re: wordpress (not from bo shop) automatic updates from the program and plugins fails

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Wed Nov 22 12:02:45 -05 2017

On 11/22/2017 10:51 AM, PESJA A & A wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have a problem when update a Wordpress installation, not bought at the
> BO shop, within Blue Onyx (Centos 7.x).
>
> It refuses to upgrade itselves, plugins or themes etc.
>
> I know that it is an ftp issue and, in mine opinion, somehow related
> whith BO. (I migrate from virtualmin to BO, but never had that problem
> into virtualmin (also centos 7.x)

Most likely a problem with your web ownership.   Make sure that all the
files are owned by the same site-admin.

WordPress sites, whether from the BX Shop or manually installed, are
very simple.  Keep the ownership straight and the permissions as
recommended by the WordPress CODEX and it will work just fine.

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services