[BlueOnyx:21463] Re: centos 7.4: iptables & apf not active

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Tue Oct 3 10:44:43 -05 2017

Hi Maurice,

https://www.eukhost.com/blog/webhosting/apf-unable-to-load-iptables-module-ip_tables/

> Apparently, iptables is now a static kernel module.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I'll publish an updated APF
later today.

As is the APF package does check if it needs to change the configuration
option for MONOKERN, because on OpenVZ enabled systems we already needed
to set it to "1" in order for APF to work. On "stand alone servers" or
those with other virtualization techniques we could leave it at "0". But
yeah, we now need to check as well if this is is CentOS >= 7.4.