[BlueOnyx:21464] Re: 5209R additional php flag

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Tue Oct 3 10:58:02 -05 2017

Hi Dirk,

php_admin_flag vs. php_flag:

In general the difference between these two is: If you set something via
"php_admin_flag", then someone cannot override it in an .htaccess or in
the code itself via PHP ini_set.

But it also goes deeper: Certain configurational parameters cannot be
set via "php_flag" or "php_value" and instead require either
"php_admin_flag" or "php_admin_value".

I don't know which is the correct one for Zlib, but I suppose either one
might work and php_admin_flag might be the better choice.

> So can you please add the possibility to add php_admin_flag zlib.output_compression On via the *.ini file in the php.d directory?

You can already do that. We just parse php.d for the *.ini files and
resolve conflicts between different *.ini's trying to turn the same
things on or off. We don't really check if the specified parameters in
the *.ini's make sense.

Once you placed a custom *.ini file into the php.d directory of a Vsite,
did you trigger the rebuild of the configs of that Vsite by hitting
"Save" in "Services" / "Web" of that Vsite?