[BlueOnyx:21470] Re: Bizarre 5209R loses network config

Michael Aronoff maronoff at gmail.com
Tue Oct 3 17:01:30 -05 2017

Michael wrote:
> There isn't much room for further improvement to that, unless I start
> over and use a radically different approach. I am considering turning
> Swatch into a daemon that performs health checks more often than the
> current 15 minute cronjob.

I have been using Chkservices for a while to supplement swatch. (https://github.com/caparisotto/chkservices/)
I have it monitor avspam, saslauthd and httpd every 120 seconds.

It does a really great job keeping things running on servers that are finicky.

Perhaps adding something like that would be easier than drastic changes to swatch.

M Aronoff Out – maronoff at gmail.com