[BlueOnyx:21479] Re: Password issues on BlueOnyx in general

Lewis Gardner lewisg at iglou.com
Fri Oct 6 23:18:29 -05 2017

Michael,

It is very difficult to keep people from harming themselves, and others...

I'm glad to get more clarity on this issue since it is a question I have
to answer on a regular basis. I think Munroe's suggestion is a good one
and it is very interesting that his example is exactly 24 characters.
Maybe this is a common limitation.

I have been suggesting his method of longer plain passwords as a simpler
method for users to have more secure and easier to remember passwords. I
did notice that when I entered a password longer than 24 characters the
GUI never warned that password is too long. It just wouldn't save and
gave a fairly cryptic error message indicating that the second entry of
the password field must be fixed.

Thanks for your thoughtful response!