[BlueOnyx:21494] Re: Opcache for PHP

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Tue Oct 24 10:07:44 -05 2017

Hi Michael,

> I am wondering if it would be possible to have OPcache enabled as part
> of that PHP version?

I'll take a look at it when I build the next PHP packages. Aside from
compiling PHP with --enable-opcache there is a certain complication in
the form of that OPcache needs to be configured and we'd need to extend
the GUI for that.

If OPcache is enabled, it'll be enabled for all Vsites that use that
particular PHP version and that could pose a bit of a problem. Like
someone updates a PHP script on his Vsite and wonders why he still gets
shown the result of the code execution from the old version of the script.

>From the OPcache docs I gather it's possible to "blacklist" Vsites so
that OPcache isn't use there in case it's enabled globally. I'll have to
take a deeper look at these options to see what can be done.

But yes: Compiling PHP with OPcache will come, although the default will
be that OPcache is disabled.