[BlueOnyx:21914] Re: 5209R YUM updates — Let's Encrypt wildcard certificates

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Sun Apr 1 10:47:45 -05 2018

Hi Meaulnes,

> sorry, I don't get it. What do you mean with an alias for the vsite? The
> LE certificate is valid for www.mydomain.tld, right? If I want
> additional certificates for, say, mail.mydomain.tld and
> ftp.mydomain.tld, how do I do this?

<Vsite> / "Services" / "Web" allows you to specify "Web Server Aliases".

If a Vsite has "Web Server Aliases" defined and you request an LE cert
for it, then you can specify which aliases the LE cert should also be
valid for.

Example:

Vsite www.domain.com with the following "Web Server Aliases":

domain.com
ftp.domain.com
pop.domain.com
imap.domain.com
test.domain.com

By default the LE cert will be for "www.domain.com and domain.com", but
the page where you request it in the GUI also has the option to include
all the other aliases in the cert.

> If I go to Site Management > www.mydomain.tld > SSL > [_^ 'Let's
> Encrypt!' _] I can [_Request or Renew Certificate _] but it isn't
> possible to add any subdomains...

Yeah, the Subdomain feature is shitty for so many reasons. If you really
need a fully fledged completely featured "subdomain", why not create a
separate Vsite for it?