[BlueOnyx:21951] Blueonyx 5209R - strange behavior. Server sends mails from wrong IP

Dirk Estenfeld dirk.estenfeld at blackpoint.de
Mon Apr 16 03:42:31 -05 2018

Hello,

we have a customer server with several public IP addresses. Within about 2 months we now had for the second time the problem that the server did not send e-mails from its eth0 address, but from the eth0:0 address.
This is problematic, because there is no PRT on the 2nd address and also the SPF settings of many domains are not correct. Mails are rejected or get stuck in the mail queue.
After a restart of the server the mails go out again via the address on eth0.
I have the feeling that the problem has occurred since the introduction of IPv6 compatibility.
Does anyone have any idea what could be the cause of the problem?

Best regards,
Dirk

---

blackpoint GmbH - Friedberger Straße 106b - 61118 Bad Vilbel