[BlueOnyx:21968] Re: Let's encrypt not renewing

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Mon Apr 23 09:43:35 -05 2018

On 4/23/2018 8:22 AM, Robert Fitzpatrick wrote:
> I have a couple of vsites using LE certs and not renewing. The GUI shows
> expired. I looked at the LE log and found nothing since March 15, then I
> found and ran the following...
>
> /usr/sausalito/letsencrypt/letsencrypt-auto renew
>
> It upgraded LE and found all the sites needed renewed and deployed new
> certs but the GUI still reports the cert expired. What else can I do to
> fix and make sure this is automated?

We've found a similar issue on 5209R lately which required manually
completing the renewal process via the GUI.

Looking through the letsencrypt.log files we find indication that the
system recognizes the certificate to be invalid/expired and the system
attempts to fetch a new cert, but we see
  "detail": "Invalid response from
http://DOMAIN.TLD/.well-known/acme-challenge/MlzUg8o_EuIQzYfsrJBgzPzhpvB-4QqiX2OkjXyXR0k

Not sure why that happens, given that the process runs just fine when
initiated manually via the GUI.   I'll certainly pipe in if I find
anything else.

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services