[BlueOnyx:22353] Re: Smart Relay on port 587

Colin Jack colin at mainline.co.uk
Tue Aug 28 14:48:51 -05 2018

Replying to my own email because I have got it working (with help from an email from Michael last year).
I'm posting this so that if anybody wants to do this these instructions will help.

1. Edit */etc/sendmail.mc* and add the following line at the top under the "divert(-1)dnl" line:

define(`RELAY_MAILER_ARGS', `TCP $h 587')dnl

2. Rebuild sendmail.cf and restart sendmail using the following commands:

cd /etc/mail
make all

3. Add the Smart Relay FQDN using the GUI: "Network Services" /
"Email", "Advanced"-tab and then "Smart Relay Server".

4. Protect the sendmail.mc file to avoid it being overwritten:

chattr +i /etc/mail/sendmail.mc

Job done!