[BlueOnyx:22566] Re: Merry secure certificate christmas!

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Tue Dec 18 11:00:22 -05 2018

Hi Rickard,

> I found this shell-script (https://github.com/Neilpang/acme.sh) which
> makes it possible to adminster lets encrypt certificates on older
> servers, just have a fairly recenst wget or curl installed and you
> should be good to go.
> A lot simpler to get working on CentOS 6 and stuff.
>
> No python required! :)

Yeah, that's a big plus and I like it. I'm currently working on 5210R
for CentOS 8 and the whole Python madness there got even worse as they
insisted on installing two different Python versions side by side. The
Let's Encrypt client scripts need to be modified to support that, but
every auto-update of the client rolls these changes back. :p

So I was thinking of replacing it with something else and this one will
do nicely. That change will also make it back into 5207R/5208R and 5209R.

> Merry x-mas and a happy new year!

Thank you. And the same to you!