[BlueOnyx:21704] Re: milter-geoip fails a lot

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Thu Feb 1 11:11:37 -05 2018

Hi Michael,

On 1/24/2018 11:25 AM, Michael Stauber wrote:

> A less drastic method would be this: Via "Programs" / "phpMyAdmin" bring
> up phpMyAdmin and in the "avspam6" database drop the three tables whose
> name starts with "milter_*", which would be this:
>
> - milter_groups
> - milter_usage
> - milter_users
>
> Then restart milter-geoip. It might give a warning on the shell about
> the missing database tables, but it will automatically recreate them
> when it processes the first incoming email.

Just as an FYI, I used a truncate (empty) on the above tables rather
than drop.   Although as you said the tables would be recreated, there's
something that raises the hair on my neck with dropping.   Even if it
shouldn't!

None of the milter_* tables had a size more than 115KB (whereas
bayes_token has > 500MB), so we'll see how large they grow, how quickly,
and what the impact may be on overall operation.

If this turns out to be a common issue, it may be worthwhile to craft a
quick cronjob that periodically takes care of the task proactively.

Thanks again for the advice!
--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services