[BlueOnyx:21630] Re: Support for AV-SPam, Admin Cannot enable - Enforce Mail Limits (this item does not appear at vsites)

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Wed Jan 3 17:59:14 -05 2018

Hola Rodrigo,

> I need help with an installation of an av-span version 	6.3.2-1,
> Server is a 5208 virtual
>
> It looks like the avspam6 database is not being created/used
> I found this on the logs.
> milter-geoip: MySQL connection failed. Disabling MySQL. -
> DBI:mysql:avspam6:127.0.0.1:3306

Yeah, this looks like the MySQL-Connection is not working and you need
that for the AV-SPAM to function.

Please do this:

Under "Server Management" / "Network Services" / "MySQL" (or "MariaDB")
check if "MySQL Status:" (or: "MariaDB Status:") says: "connection
possible with this settings".

This is important. It tells you if the GUI can "talk" to MySQL/MariaDB.
If that is not the case, certain functionality will not work - including
the AV-SPAM.

If it says anything else but "connection possible with this settings",
then the first step would be to troubleshoot this. Is the MySQL-Root
password entered correctly on that page? Enter it and save. If you don't
see the form to enter the "root" password on the "Server" tab, try to
change the password in the "Change Password" tab by entering the
password that you know as current password and then set a new password
there and save the changes.

That might fix it and the page then shows "connection possible with this
settings".

If that doesn't fix it, then please file a support request via the GUI
under "Software Updates" / "Support" / "Support Request" and make sure
to tick the checkbox for "Allow access".

Because at that point I'd rather take a look as the causes for the
problem could be pretty diverse such as PHP version and MySQL version
mismatch, /etc/my.cnf having "old_passwords" enabled at one point in
time or other MySQL privilege related issues.