[BlueOnyx:21631] Re: Migrated SSL sites to 5209R error

Robert Fitzpatrick robert at webtent.org
Thu Jan 4 00:39:29 -05 2018

Michael Stauber wrote:
> Hi Robert,
>
>> Well, there are two entries for each of the new IP addresses. One to the
>> hostname and one to the new vsite. Is this correct?
>
> Yes, this is correct.
>
>> The vsite that keeps pulling up for both of these new sites is site1 on
>> the server even though it uses a different IP address along with all
>> other vsites on the server.
>
> Please restart Apache manually to be sure:
>
> killall -9 httpd
> service admserv restart
> service httpd restart
>
>> ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR
>
> That's a Google Chrome error message, not an error message the server
> puts out. Try a different browser once or put a slash and a questionmark
> at the end of the URL to get around any cache issues.
>
> Like this: "http://test.com/?"

I tried this again tonight and the first site came up fine, but the
second site is redirecting to the first. Actually, there are three
different IP addresses with SSL enabled and all redirect to the one
vsite. I've rechecked DNS is resolving each hostname to its correct IP
address. I've restarted httpd and admserv and used the suggested /? on
the URL. Even on different computer, all requests lead to the same
vsite. Any ideas?

--
Robert