[BlueOnyx:21660] Re: install blueonyx over stock centos

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Tue Jan 9 18:02:49 -05 2018

Hi Carl,

> But we can create both C6 and C7 stock machines, and we have root
> access. So if we add the blueonyx repositories (/etc/yum.repos.d), and
> then "yum install" all the packages shown by "yum list installed | grep
> BlueOnyx" will that produce a working BlueOnyx installation?

Here is the guide on how to install BlueOnyx 5209R on a CentOS 7:

http://www.blueonyx.it/index.php?page=5209r-manual-install

Please check the requirements outlined in the article. If you're good on
that, then the install is easy.

As for CentOS 6: We once used to have a procedure (set of scripts and a
tarball) which sort of did that. But it was a hassle, because there was
a lot more friction between the RPMs on YUM and the base OS. 5209R is
much cleaner in that that regards and plays nice during the install.

So if you can, use CentOS 7 and the procedure above.