[BlueOnyx:21667] Re: Certficate 4096 bit keys

Ernie ernie at info.eis.net.au
Wed Jan 10 22:04:17 -05 2018

Hi Micheal,
seems to be rejecting some CSR with the error and not others.

I was in the process of doing a yum update on the machine I am using to
generate the CSR in case it didn't have the last openssl package and I broke
the whole thing. See my email about Aborted yum updates.

So you are right, it's not the 4096bit thing as I thought, but something
else.  I tried another CSR generated on the same server and it worked.
Might have to delete the key and everything in the certs folder first.

- Ernie.

> Hi Ernie,
>
> > This is the link to their CSR checking tool that was coming up with the
> > error:
> >
> > https://cryptoreport.websecurity.symantec.com/checker/views/csrCheck.jsp
>
> I just tried it. BlueOnyx 5209R, existing Vsite. Create SSL Signing
> request. Downloaded the CSR and pasted it to that form.
>
> Result: 		CSR successfully checked
> Signature algorithm:: 	SHA256
> Key algorithm:		RSA
> Key size:		2048