[BlueOnyx:21677] Re: Autoconfiguration - Autodiscover

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Tue Jan 16 14:28:37 -05 2018

Hi Simone,

> somebody has already implemented Autoconfiguration - Autodiscover
> protocols over blueonyx?
>
> I am trying to find something over the net without success!

You mean to automatically configure email clients?

I looked into this as a potential feature for BlueOnyx, but it didn't
seem to be practical as it demands DNS records for autodiscover.*,
autoconfig.* and a couple of other things.

Here is an article that I had bookmarked about the topic, but it's in
German: http://www.trullala.de/email-autoconfig-autodiscover/

However, it also has links to two other good sources in English:

https://www.ullright.org/ullWiki/show/providing-email-client-autoconfiguration-information-from-moens-ch

http://web.archive.org/web/20150102224744/http://moens.ch/2012/05/31/providing-email-client-autoconfiguration-information/

These articles explain how Outlook and Thunderbird handle these methods
(of course they do it differently!) and what you can do to satisfy both.