[BlueOnyx:21683] Re: mailserver; possible security issue?

Dirk Estenfeld dirk.estenfeld at blackpoint.de
Thu Jan 25 08:19:15 -05 2018

Hello Brian,

thank you for your email.
Yes, I am aware of this. But in this case some of your suggestions are not applicable.
For example for an official mailserver it makes no sense to limit the ip address for port 25.
Yes smtp_auth is enabled at the server of course. But you can try. It is not working if you use an email address which is existing at the server and the recipient address also.

I did also try with an exchange server and this was working. Also with a sendmail at freebsd. So it seems to be a more  or less general "feature" which in my opinion is a security issue in our days.

Best regards
Dirk

---

blackpoint GmbH – Friedberger Straße 106b – 61118 Bad Vilbel

Tel.: +49 6101 65788 20
Fax: +49 6101 65788 99
eMail: dirk.estenfeld at blackpoint.de

Vertretungsberechtigt Dirk Estenfeld und Mario Di Rienzo HRB 50093 Frankfurt am Main USt.-IdNr. de210106871

CRM on Demand – eine gute Idee

Besuchen Sie uns im Internet unter www.blackpoint.de
Problemlos Domains registrieren: www.edns.de
Einfach und günstig Daten sichern: www.back2web.de
Mitglied im:

Confidentiality Notice:
This e-mail message, including any attachments,is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.