[BlueOnyx:21698] Re: mailserver; possible security issue?

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Tue Jan 30 12:37:33 -05 2018

Hi Dirk,

> thank you for the explanations and for the tip with the SPF #
> Config-Settings in Spamassassin.

No problem. For others who are interested in using SpamAssassin to tag
or even reject emails with SPF-Failures: Create a new textfile in
/etc/mail/spamassasssin/ and give it any name you like. But it must end
with *.cf. Example: spf.cf

Into that textfile insert the following two lines:

score SPF_FAIL 10.0
score SPF_SOFTFAIL 5.0

You might want to adjust the scores to your liking. Then restart
SpamAssassin and you're good to go.

> One feature request at this point ;)
> Could it be possible to add a checkbox in the AV-SPAM Module with
> "Reject SPF_FAIL mails" and a GUI configurable setting that SPF_FAIL
> will get additional 50 points in spamassassin?
> SPF_SOFTFAIL or SPF_NEUTRAL can stay as they are.

Yes, that is a worthwhile addition and I will add it to the next release
of the AV-SPAM.