[BlueOnyx:21897] Re: Dovecot pam-abl errors

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Mon Mar 26 20:33:50 -05 2018

Hi Jim,

> Around March 11th started seeing these errors in our logs.
>
> dovecot: auth-worker: Error: pam-abl: BDB0055 illegal flag specified to
> DB->get
> dovecot: auth-worker: Error: pam-abl: DB->get: Invalid argument

This sounds like the database files of PAM_ABL are corrupted.

Just run this command as root:

rm /var/lib/pam_abl/*.db

That will delete the two database files of PAM_ABL.

It will automatically rebuild them on it's own without any further
action on your behalf. You don't have to restart any service afterwards.