[BlueOnyx:21902] Re: Letsencrypt on FTP

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Wed Mar 28 10:57:07 -05 2018

On 3/28/2018 10:37 AM, Colin Jack wrote:
> With the new European legislation regarding General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) we are now getting client requests to secure FTP connections to our servers.
> How would I do this using LE on our BX boxes?
> Is it possible?

If you install SSL via the BlueOnyx GUI for the server (server, not
site) then that same certificate will be used for GUI, SMTP, POP/IMAP,
and FTP.

BlueOnyx works out of the box with FTPS.  (Note: that is different than
SFTP!)

Here's the page from the BlueOnyx wiki:
https://wiki.blueonyx.it/userguide/ftp/ftpmanager

Your users will need to connect to the server using the server's
hostname rather than vsite name in order to avoid certificate warnings.

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services