[BlueOnyx:21910] 5209R YUM updates

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Sat Mar 31 17:56:34 -05 2018

Hi all,

I just published two small and YUM updates for 5209R:

Let's Encrypt auto-renewals:
=============================

There was a sporadic problem that LE certificates sometimes didn't get
renewed and if it didn't, we usually learned about it too late.

>From now on the cronjob that does the Auto-Renewals will notify you by
email (to the email address specified for "Active Monitor") if an
auto-renewal succeeded or failed.

Additionally it now catches cases where an auto-renewal was triggered,
but failed to produce an updated certificate due to other factors.

SSHd "AllowTcpForwarding:

Under "Server Management" / "Network Settings" / "Shell" you'll now find
a new checkbox called "Allow TCP Forwarding" at the bottom of the SSH
settings. By default it is not checked. If checked, it enables
"AllowTcpForwarding" in /etc/sshd/sshd_config and restarts SSHd.